Sri Navadvipa-sataka

Srila Prabodhananda Sarasvati's
A Hundred Verses Glorifying Navadvipa

26 My own people may leave me. My body may collapse. Still, I will not take a single step beyond the border of Navadvipa.
27 She is not my mother, he is not my father, he is not my relative, he is not my friend, he is not my well-wisher, and he is not my guru, who does not wish me to reside in Srimati Radha's forest of Navadvipa.
28 For sinful me what is as auspicious as staying in the land of Godruma until this body ends? Will I then touch the flood of splendour flowing from the feet of the beautiful divine couple that enjoys newer and newer transcendental pastimes.
29 When, manifesting a spiritual body, will I reside in Lord Gauranga's city, where all the moving and stationary living entities eternally shine with the splendour of intensely blissful spiritual forms, and which they whose eyes are blinded by maya misunderstand with a host of faulty ideas?
30 Take shelter of Lord Gauranga's city where, unseen by the unintelligent, all living entities and even all things are blissful, eternal, spiritual and full of knowledge.
31 They who attribute faults to the blissful moving and stationary living entities in Navadvipa are offenders. How can they attain Sri Sri Radha-Madhava?
32 They who relish blaspheming the residents of Lord Gaura's sacred place, they who will not glorify Godadruma, and the fools that somehow think Godruma like other places, cannot attain eternal, blissful spiritual forms in Modadruma. I pray that even in dreams I may never come near these sinful people, the lowest of men.
33 He who, rejecting others' wealth, others' wives, hatred, envy, greed, dishonesty, cruelty, violence and lying words, becomes devoted to the holy abode of Navadvipa, will not be frustrated in his desire to stay in Vrndavana.
34 Do everything that opposes religious principles, reject all religious duties, and abandon your guru in order to reside in Gaudaranya. That is your supreme religious duty. That is devotion to your guru. Your sins are whatever stops you from residing in Gaudaranya.
35 When his body ends, he who stays in Gaudaranya's abode of Navadvipa, which is filled with wonderful, limitless mercy, will attain perfection.
36 Fools, the paths of the world and the Vedas will bring you only trouble! Give up everything and make yourself a leaf hut in Sri Godruma in Gauda-desa!
37 The Vedas may talk as they like, the people may think whatever they like, and the unintelligent logicians may establish whatever theories they like, but our heart will never leave the forest where Lord Krsna, His form filled with the sweet nectar of splendid, pure, passionate spiritual love, enjoyed the pastimes of Sri Radha.
38 Bowing down again and again and begging with many plaintive words, to the shoreless ocean of mercy that is the hero of Vraja's playful girls I pray: In one birth allow me to find my happiness in Navadvipa, which is a shoreless ocean of passionate transcendental love.
39 I praise sweet Mayapura, where a dabbler who walks down many paths at once, a fool, one who has rejected his proper religious duty, an independent person who will not follow the rules of the scriptures, a person who has not the slightest scent of the touch of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and who lives there only out of lust and greed, all attain the supreme destination.
40 A bewildered fool cannot understand Sri Navadvipa-dhama, which is hidden from all the Vedas, and which is the place where one may attain the ultimate happiness of devotional service, the highest of all happinesses in this world.
41 To demigod-worshippers, to those rapt in the imperishable impersonal Brahman, and even to animal-like persons intent only on enjoying their senses, by its own inconceivable powers the forest of Koladvipa gives the rare and secret nectar of love for Sri Sri Radhika Madhava.
42 When, taking shelter of Srimati Radharani's feet, will I see Sri Godruma's wonderful form, a millionth part of which the Vedas cannot touch, the yogis cannot understand, the great souls headed by Laksmi, Siva, Brahma, Sukadeva, Arjuna, and Uddhava cannot see and, what to speak of others, even the Vrajavasis cannot see?
43 O Gaura, O Lord who enjoys pastimes with Sri Radha in Radhavana, please forcibly drag my heart, now tightly bound with hundreds of ropes of wicked desires, to Your lotus feet.
44 I cannot subdue my senses at all. I have no virtues. A host of faults always enters me. Where shall I go? What shall I do? Alas! Alas! No mercy is shown to me! O Lord, please give me residence in Navadvipa, my only home.
45 My noble birth, wealth, and even my life-breath, may all perish. My good reputation may wither and die. My religious principles may run to destruction. Everyone may always mistreat me. My body may wither away with hundreds of incurable diseases. Still, my heart will never leave Lord Gauranga's city.
46 I bow down to offer my respects to they who know that within or without the material world there is nothing as sweet as Lord Gaura's forest.
47 All glories to Lord Gaura's Gauda-desa forest which, splendid with tilaka decorations, clothed in white garments of the Ganges' waters, splendid with the glory of blossoming campaka flowers, glorious with many kinds of nectar, and charming with the sweet nectar of pure love for Lord Krsna, is very dear to Sri Jagannatha Misra's son!
48 Who will not take shelter of wonderful, blissful Navadvipa, where millions of glorious kalpavrksa trees are embraced by the sweet vines of pure bhakti that are their wives, and where Brahmapura and all other holy places shine with great splendour?
49 As much as they speak ill of residing in Navadvipa, to that extent they will not understand the secret of pure spontaneous love for Lord Govinda's lotus feet in Vrndavana, the root from which the Lord's pastimes of love sprout.
50 Again and again remembering the person dark as a new monsoon cloud who is embraced by Sri Radha, Her transcendental form like a vine splendid as millions of lightning flashes, a certain saintly devotee, his mouth fill with loud, urgent, very sweet prayers, and pure devotional love rising within him, wanders in Lord Gaura's sacred places.

Comments

Popular Posts